Modified/clarified instructions related to dynamic propeller balance requirements; Garmin Autopilot trim knob adjustment change.
- RV-12 PAP, All Pages REV 14: Added “Printed Copies Uncontrolled.” to all page footers.
- Added “Van’s Aircraft Inc.” to all page headers, except cover.
- Added “-10006” to all pages.
- RV-12 PAP Section F0 REV 5: Corrected stall warning vane adjustment procedure.
- RV-12 PAP Section G1 REV 6: Replaced MIL-H-5606 with MIL-PRF-83282.
- RV-12 PAP Section G10 REV 5: Added note to ensure wing root gap is sealed during preflight inspection.
RV-12 PAP Rev 13:
On page G1-3: Changed trim adjustment knob position for Garmin autopilot installations
On Page G6-1: rephrased to allow the prop balance to be completed within 15 hours of first flight.
Since an out-of-balance propeller can cause vibration-related problem in airframe and electrical components, a note has been added to the PAP and MM to prompt the balancing of the propeller initially and if vibrations are noticed.
RV-12 MM REV 9.6 Section 11 REV 6: Added note to dynamically balance prop if vibrations are noticed or prop pitch has been changed on page 11-4. (See CN-00026 for MM export)
RV-12 PAP REV 12 Section G6 REV 7: Added step to dynamically balance prop in section G6.
RELATED SERVICE INFORMATION:
Service Letter: SL-00024
RELATED CHANGE NOTICE(S):
CN-00014, CN-00015, CN-00026, 12,12iSCX 02-28-20-1