Join Van’s and the Experimental Aircraft Association, along with thousands of your closest aviation friends, at EAA AirVenture 2022 in July!
We will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of Van’s Aircraft at the show, with a variety of special events and presentations taking place.
Monday will be a big day of celebration with Van’s Aircraft and a fleet of RVs being the focus at show center, plus a huge air show opening, and a Monday evening Theater in the Woods presentation with Van and others celebrating the 50th anniversary of Van’s Aircraft.
Tuesday evening marks the return of the annual Van’s Aircraft banquet at Oshkosh. Tickets for that event have sold out.
And, of course, we will present a few forums (see the schedule below), we’ll be at our booth with airplanes to check out and staff to meet and talk with, and …. Well, come to the show see what all we have in store!
Demo flights may be requested at our booth this year. Schedule, weather and aircraft availability will determine which airplanes are available each day and how many demo flights we can facilitate.
Van’s Aircraft “Factory” Forums/Events Schedule:
- 5:00 pm: Join us and the RV community at the Homebuilt Camping Pavillion for a brief but special presentation at 5 p.m., followed by the community social all evening.
- All Day: Come see the RVs on Boeing Plaza, where we will have a number of customer RVs on display to kick off the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Van’s. And you can also see these airplanes across from the Van’s booth the rest of the week starting on Tuesday, as well.
- 2:30pm: Air Show Opener – A massive (50+ RVs planned!) RV formation display to open the air show! Lots of RVers have invested sunstantial time and money into participating in this – don’t miss it! Plus, see Jerry “Jive” Kirby in his RV-8A!
- 7:45pm: Theater in the Woods presentation: 50 Years of Van’s Aircraft – Paul Dye emcees an interview with Van and others
- 8:30am: (Forum Stage 7) What’s New at Van’s Aircraft – for now, you can just use your imagination.
- 11:30am: (Forum Stage 6) Engineering team panel – Designing and Constructing a New Model Van’s RV
- 4:00-5:00pm (approx): All the RV pilots we can muster for a group photo at the static display of RVs across from the Van’s booth (exact time TBD – watch our social media and email list)
- 6:00pm: Van’s Banquet – and sorry, this event sold out ridiculously quickly! We tried to find a larger venue, but was not possible.
- 9:00am: (Forum Stage 5) RV Builder Tips and Tricks – Our prototype shop crew shares some of the things they have learned and developed over the years, and they’ll take your questions, as well.
- 11:30am: (Forum Stage 8) 50 Years of Van’s Aircraft – join Van as he talks about the company and the airplanes and how they have evolved over the last half-century.
- 1:00pm: (Forum Stage 5) Which RV is Right for Me? – For folks new to the RV line and kit building, a basics session about selecting the RV model that best fits your mission and builder style.