Please ensure that your web store order is complete before clicking on the ‘submit’ button. We are unable to ‘combine’ or ‘add to’ existing web store orders after an order has been submitted. If you submit additional orders we will invoice/charge them separately and we cannot guarantee they will ship together due to the large volume of orders we receive and process.
Web store orders are processed every business day, Monday through Friday at 12PM (Noon), Pacific Time. We do our best to package and ship orders within three business days of receiving the order, but it may take longer. During periods of heavy demand we always work as quickly as we can to ship your order, but please understand delays are possible. We maintain the most recent estimates of shipping timeframes on our Web Store home page.
Important: The purchaser is responsible for determining and verifying the suitability and application of the parts/products ordered.
Credit Card Orders
We accept Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. We cannot accept American Express. In order to process a credit card order, you must provide a complete credit card number along with the expiration date and associated cardholder address via our web store.
Van’s provides warranty service for parts that are defective in manufacturing but cannot warranty against mistakes or issues caused by the purchaser/builder. Items that are not manufactured by Van’s Aircraft are warranted by the maker. Warranty returns for defective third-party parts must be made to the manufacturer, not to Van’s Aircraft.
Missing or Incorrect Parts
Any shortages or incorrect parts must be reported no later than 30 days from receipt.
A 10% restocking fee will apply to any returned item. Any item returned must be in “AS NEW ” sellable condition, and must be a product that we currently sell. It should also be in its original packaging. No opened software may be returned. Custom-manufactured components and parts cannot be returned. Returns on avionics, batteries, electronics, lighting components, and instrumentation (gauges) will be accepted within sixty (60) days of purchase. All other items may be returned within two (2) years from the date of purchase. Documents, books, and DVDs may not be returned. Only the original purchaser may return items.
On occasion, we may run out of an item that you have ordered. We will generally ship items we have in stock and ship back ordered items as soon as they are available. However, if the major part of the order must be backordered, we will hold the entire order until the backorder is filled. You can help by giving instructions on dealing with back orders when you place your order.
Van’s uses the following carriers for parcel and flat letter shipping:
- UPS (United Parcel Service)
- FedEx (Federal Express)
- USPS (United States Postal Service)
Shipments within THE USA
We ship the lowest cost option – USPS, UPS ground or FedEx – unless you specify otherwise. Note that this is not the fastest shipping option, so if you require faster service, please specify one of the specific expedited shipping services when you check out.
- UPS/FedEx requires a street address – a post office box is not sufficient.
- USPS (United States Postal Service) is available but only at your own risk as there is no tracking available.
- UPS/FedEx Overnight, UPS/FedEx Two Day, UPS/FedEx Three Day are available at additional cost.
Shipments outside USA
- FedEx and UPS: Services require a street address – a post office box is not sufficient.
- USPS Express Mail: Both USPS Express Mail and USPS Air Mail shipments are limited to $500.00. Service does not require a physical address – a post office box is allowed. On small packages, USPS Air Mail is available but at your own risk as there is no tracking available. All payments must be in US funds.
Van’s Aircraft is not directly responsible for damage that occurs during shipping once it has left our facility, but we do want to help. Please contact our shipping department here at Van’s Aircraft as soon as possible regarding damaged shipments received through United Parcel Service, Federal Express, and the United States Postal Service. For all damaged shipments received through a trucking company, please contact our kits team and we can assist you in contacting the trucking company.
Shipping charges are based on the dimensions, weight, and destination of the packaged order and are added to the order total at the time the order is shipped. The shipping charge will not show up in the “Total Price” of your shopping cart when you check out. It will be added and included in the final total cost of your order. For expedited and other types of special shipping services, there is an additional charge.
Oversized and odd-shaped packages may be subject to a crating charge, which will be determined based on the materials and time required to build and pack the box/crate.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Van’s Aircraft, Inc. has negotiated original equipment manufacture agreements (O.E.M.) with a number of vendors. This makes it possible for Van’s to offer one-time reduced-price purchases for RV builders, compared to list prices typically advertised by the specific vendors. We can also sell these items to non-RV builders, but we cannot offer the same low prices to builders of other aircraft brands and models. In most cases, we are still able to offer the vendor products at quite reasonable prices to the non-builder.
- Lycoming engines are offered at the OEM price, with one engine allocatable per aircraft. This offer can be leveraged by the kit/aircraft builder or a subsequent owner if an engine has not already been purchased in the past through Van’s for that airplane/serial number.
- Propellers ordered in combination with a Lycoming engine will activate an additional package/bundle discount (typically resulting in a $1000 discount when ordered at the same time as the new engine).